What Is E-Commerce B2B? : The concept of E-commerce B2B
This concept is constantly evolving, and based on the way the transactions take place; in the present we have the following types of B2B portals:
1) Oriented towards the buyer – These are held by a certain community of companies interested in buying diverse products or services that follow in the most efficient way the process of acquisition. This portal allows the buyers to obtain the best prices from the suppliers and benefit from low management costs.
2) Oriented towards the supplier – These are managed by the suppliers that follow the generation of an online sellers channel towards the potential clients. These portals offer suppliers better visibility on the market, helping them to attract more prospects. The buyers on the other hand, will gain even more from these kinds of portals, because they have access to detailed information about the suppliers and they can search more effective for similar products and services.
3) Independent – It is managed by a third party that offers a B2B platform that is common, this means it is accessible both for the suppliers and the buyers. The registered members of the platform can post ads, request offers and organize auctions.
4) Vertical transaction platforms – These connect each sector of a specific industry. These portals lower the logistic costs.
5) Horizontal transaction platforms – These connect suppliers and buyers from varies industries from all around the world. They are similar to a huge market where people can sell or buy products or services.
How does a B2B portal works?
The supplier presents his products and services that he offers, together with the prices, the stock value and other details useful for the selling process, like the personalized discount for clients. The client (Company) accesses the B2B portal and analyses the offer, and in case he is interested, he will place an order or requests an offer for a product.
In most cases the company that owns the B2B portal will offer their clients the username or password, or they will permit the clients to create their own accounts. In this way, every client will benefit from the secure access of information regarding their order.
In the present, the E-commerce B2B activity has lent many advantages from the B2C. Thus, a B2B portal can be equally attractive as an online store, having elements specific to an e- commerce store, like promotions, sales, detailed images of products, online support, and loyalty systems.
The advantages of a B2B portal are numerous like: access to a new market, access to a promotion channel, facilitating communication with clients, a great way of presentation, cost reductions, and more.