The 5 Best Secrets to Making the Best eCommerce Experience : So, you’ve opened your first eCommerce store. Maybe your customers are starting to place orders or you’re about ready to launch that first big sale. Let’s talk a little bit about what it takes to make it or break it in your eCommerce experience. The little things that you do for your customers will make them like you, stick around to buy more products, and recommend you to their friends.
1. Give them security.
This is probably the most important thing that you can do for your eCommerce customers. Before they pay for your products online, there are a few things that they need:
- Security: Use SSL site seals to tell your eCommerce customers that your website is safe. These little logos are free when you use an eCommerce platform. You can also easily add them to your site. SSL site seals can reduce your eCommerce bounce rate by anywhere from 10% to 20%.
- Authority: eCommerce customers want to know that they are buying from the best. On your eCommerce site, make sure that your content is perfect. Make sure that you are responding to customer reviews and authoring new content in a blog and posting to social media.
2. Give them social proof.
Social proof is one of the best ways to increase the productivity of your eCommerce site. Let’s say that your e-store only sells tools that are manufactured in the USA. If your business is doing something good, let your customers know. When your e-store is creating social value, customers will be more inclined to buy.
3. Make the checkout process simple.
Do you make your customers create an account to shop on your eCommerce store? If so, this could make them quit shopping all together if they are in a hurry. Here are some ways to make the account creation process simple or totally eliminate it:
- Create a “guest” shopping option.
- Let them log in with their Facebook or Google credentials.
When paying for goods and services, try to keep the checkout process simple. A one- or two-page checkout experience makes the payment process simple. Also, give them options to pay, including ACH, credit cards, and PayPal.
4. Get a lot of expert- and user-generated content.
Your eCommerce customers want to learn. Give them the opportunity to leave reviews of your products and provide useful tips that they know. Additionally, get some experts to write a blog post or be available on social media to answer questions about the industry.
5. Make customer support painless.
Did you ever think about adding a live chat option to your website? Sometimes, customers will leave your eCommerce site if the content doesn’t have a question. If you enable live chat on your eCommerce site to react when a customer becomes stuck on a certain page, called a “trigger,” you can engage them before they leave your site all together.
These five little eCommerce secrets will help boost your average order size, conversion rate, and total revenue for your online store.
Ever wondered why visitors leave your ecommerce site? These five ecommerce secrets will help keep customers on your site and increase your sales.